Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Saturday at the Market

I don't get out much and when I do I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people.  I think that's one of the reasons I love the Heritage Crafters Gallery at the Lynchburg Community Market.

This past Saturday, I met a sweet older man and his adult daughter.  The gentleman and I found out that we're both originally from Upstate New York and we started chatting.  He told me a lovely story about how he met his wife.  He was in college in NY and was in a barbershop singing group.  They did a concert in Richmond, VA and he met his wife-to-be there.  He went to Richmond every weekend after that, by bus, until he graduated and they were married.  He was in the midst of telling me about his 2 sons and daughter when the daughter came back, took him by the arm and told me that he'd talk my ear off if she didn't pull him away.  I told her that I was enjoying our conversation.  I could tell she didn't believe me and they left.  She's probably heard his stories many times and no longer finds them interesting but I was loving it.  I really get a kick out of hearing how people met and his story was so sweet.  I hope he comes back to visit again.
  
Overheard at the Market
 "I just take it one wedding at a time."

No comments: